Best Engrish Fails: Some of these engrish fails are hilarious. The one about fasting food and the one about restrooms are the BEST http://ichirokanami.me/best-engrish-fails
Facebook at its finest
Healthy | Vegan | Organic food :) http://vegan-nom.tumblr.com/
Mysterious Mercury, Invisible Super Moon Tease Sky Watchers
Elusive Mercury, usually too close to the sun to be seen, is at its most visible in the coming week. In contrast, one of the biggest, closest moons of the year will be … invisible.
Starting Saturday January 25, Mercury will no longer be cloaked in the glow of sunset or sunrise, Earthsky.org tells us.
So many interesting things to chew on here:
- Married people are 10% happier than unmarried people, but having a child reduces happiness by one-quarter of 1% on average. Hmmm… doing the math (tapping finger on temple).
- Happiness is maximized at, get this, 57 degrees Fahrenheit. Current outside temperature in Minneapolis is -11 degrees Fahrenheit. Do they even do studies measuring people’s happiness at negative temps?
- If 94% of people in Iceland say they are happy and the warmest day of the year on average is 57 degrees Fahrenheit, does happiness decrease at the same rate when the temperature increases or decreases by one percentage point?
- I’m writing this up at 2am because I can’t sleep. Would my questions be stated with more positive words if I read this infographic at 2pm?
- I’m way behind my 100 hours of service in the community. Time to get moving!
From the Tumblr desk of our executive editor trentgilliss.
Hit print. Valentine’s day done and done.
Interior design, California, 1950s.
If you need us, we’ll be staring at this all weekend.
Page 1 of 2